So it turns out that people love my crafts! In turn, I thought I would blog a few posts about how to do them. They’ll be short and sweet, since most of the crafts I do are pretty easy. First things first, I’ll start from the most recent craft!
I saw this on pinterest, and thought it looked really awesome to try out. Above is the completely finished product. This canvas is 16x20, and I bought it in a pack of 5 for $20 at Michael’s. GREAT buy!
So anyway, you’ll start with a blank canvas. It is up to you what color to paint it, or if you want to paint it at all! I buy acrylic paint from walmart, because it’s cheap and easy, and they have a lot of colors. I obviously chose black here.
After you have your canvas, you’re going to want to pick out some fun colored scrapbook paper! You can get scrapbook paper darn near anywhere these days. I have some from Hobby Lobby, Michael’s, Walmart… For this project, I was already at walmart and walked by the packs of paper they had and found this! It was perfect and it was only $5 for 50 sheets. Quite the deal!
Now that you have your canvas, paint, and paper, you are set! (You will also need some elmer’s glue and mod podge to set your paper to the canvas)
Cut out the paper in the shapes of flower petals and lay them out on the canvas to get an idea of what you’d like it to look like.
This was my first go at it, and it seemed to work out all right. Now, you’ll want to paint your canvas and reapply the pieces of paper so that you are ready to glue!
The pieces along the edges I just folded over and glued to the side. You only need a dot of elmer’s glue on each petal, since you will use mod podge over the top to secure everything in place. You should wait until the elmer’s glue is dry before using the mod podge as it may move the pieces around if they aren’t quite dry.
This is what it will look like when it is wet- don’t worry, it will dry clear! I also used mod podge on the edges, since there were petals that folded over and I wanted everything to be uniform.
Then as soon as it is dry, it will look like this!
- samstastic reblogged this from jhsmith88
- kkristeenuh reblogged this from jhsmith88
- kkristeenuh likes this
- lazylark likes this
- justliviekitty likes this
- tsoupa likes this
- myhandmadejewelry likes this
- syarashin likes this
- abottleofrumsha likes this
- believeximagine reblogged this from jhsmith88
- believeximagine likes this
- laninaseria reblogged this from jhsmith88
- katalysis likes this
- seamonsterbitches likes this
- live-love-believe-always likes this
- idonteven-whatever likes this
- sashq likes this
- lcleveland91 likes this
- tiffywiffy5284ever likes this
- rrae1 likes this
- smparker1021 reblogged this from jhsmith88 and added:
- fthewhatman likes this
- your-demons-come-alive likes this
- soapbubblerainbow reblogged this from jhsmith88
- autumn-air reblogged this from jhsmith88
- victoriajacobs reblogged this from jhsmith88
- carleydifalco likes this
- achangeoffattitude likes this
- warwickrussians reblogged this from jhsmith88
- jessica-parrish reblogged this from jhsmith88 and added:
- toanothershoreline likes this
- the-catty-corner-bumbershoot likes this
- aleighga likes this
- withendlesslove likes this
- kateann6 reblogged this from jhsmith88 and added:
- original-natiives likes this
- zonzonn likes this
- jhsmith88 posted this